'Green' Glory At NASDAQ, SRK Elated!

Even as the world was jubilating over A R Rahman's double Grammy whammy at Los Angeles, history was being created at the New York Stock Exchange: NASDAQ (National Association Of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations).

Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol rang the gong at NASDAQ, the world's biggest stock exchange, illumining a momentous moment for Indian cinema. By doing so, the pair became the first Bollywood stars to be invested with this honour, an honour usually reserved for CEOs of major corporations.

"Earlier, I stayed away from stock exchanges because I felt that they were scary places," admits SRK in a newspaper quote. "But now I like it here. When Kajol and I entered NASDAQ we were told that the market is green, meaning it's flourishing. I can't tell you how happy the news has made me." Incidentally, SRK also holds the distinction of being the premier Hindi cine icon to give away a trophy at the Golden Globes.

The sterling highlight, however, has also been marked with a deep twinge of sadness. The recent controversy sparking off a spat between the Shiv Sena and global Indian SRK has distressed the actor. Nevertheless, Khan doesn't mince words as he states to the scribe tribe, "The controversy is with me and my statement. It has nothing to do with Karan (Johar), Kajol or the film. I stand up for my comments... there is no excuse for having said what I said and I am proud that I have a take like that. There should be no place for mob law in India." SRK's stance has been strongly endorsed by Aamir Khan too, who has also been a target of the Sena ire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini, Zee TV – Story & Reveiw

The Bourne Legacy - Official Trailer 2 [HD]