The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Changes - For Better and Worse

This week's Real Housewives of New Jersey narrowed its focus on two storylines this week and guess which one took precedence of the entire night.


The sibling rivalry between Teresa Giudice and her brother Joey Gorga reached a new mile marker as the two finally sat down and had a 'discussion' about the issues between them. While Joey blames Teresa for instigating a competition between himself and Teresa's husband Joe that blew out of control, Teresa felt that Melissa was guilty for starting drama and went as far as suggesting Melissa was a "gold digger" to prove her point. Of course she didn't relay that to Joey's face, because Lord knows how much hell would've been unleashed in that restaurant.


Despite the back and forth on who was in the wrong and who should apologize first, at least the siblings decided to try to squash all the drama for the sakes of their kids and parents. However, Joey felt that Teresa should talk to Teresa and their mother before they could make any more steps. A good suggestion, right? But this is The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and without drama there's no show.


I, for one, perceived the 'psuedo-truce' was sincere and legit, especially with Joey. However, Melissa ruined all of that once she and Joey showed up at Kathy and Richie's accountants house and began to 'worry' about the truce, claiming that she didn't buy it. What happened to the "Making peace! Thank you, Jesus!" Melissa from earlier in the episode?


When Teresa and Melissa met at the end of the episode, Melissa didn't wait to start throwing punches, which was not becoming of someone who wanted to make peace. I don't know. Again, I want to give Melissa the benefit of a doubt, but she's not making me want to listen to her case when it comes to her issues with Teresa. Hopefully, she will bring something else to the table soon, because right now Melissa Gorga is looking to be a one trick pony.


Meanwhile, Caroline had her first radio show with "family feuds" being her initial topic for discussion. Frankly, Teresa and Joey should've been her first guests on the show, because they are in serious need of some no-nonsense Manzo straight talk. On that note, one of the callers who phoned had a situation eerily similar to the Gorga/Giudice drama. Even though Caroline declared it wasn't Melissa, I found it odd that during Caroline's talk show, Mrs. Joey Gorga was the only Housewife who wasn't shown listening to the broadcast. Wouldn't it be funny if Melissa actually did call in to see what Caroline had to say on the matter? Stranger things have happened...


Random Thoughts of the Week:


- Kathy's accountant Kim taking a dig at Teresa for not RSVP'ing her daughter's birthday party. I wonder if this birthday party was held during filming for Real Housewives of New Jersey? Just saying...


- Jacqueline punched Caroline?! I completely forgot about that from the season one reunion, but it was still a double-take moment for me when it was rehashed tonight.


- Kathy still rocks in my opinion. I hope this stays the same throughout the season and I hope that she too doesn't end up being a casualty to this season's storyline. In other words, I hope she makes it to next season.


- Teresa's money issues reared their head this week, but it seems like the crap will hit the fan next week when Melissa smacks her with that line about not being in the position of talking about money. It looked as if the Gorga switched had been turned on, but I doubt anything will come from it since Jacqueline's house is sacred ground at the moment. As for the money issues in general, I wonder if fans of the show had a moment of recollection about Teresa's money and have joined Team Melissa in a knee action response. I kid, I kid.


What did you guys think about this outing of The Real Housewives of New Jersey?

Get The Latest Updates on Tv Series Follow us on twitter @thetvseries

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post