ROB makes it EASY

He is the favourite of every kid that tunes into M.A.D, the art and craft show on Pogo. Meet Rob, who is hosting the second season of Make It Easy

Seven seasons of M.A.D and now season II of Make It Easy. One can’t imagine the show without you..
Yes, I just love the format. I am a trained artiste from an art school and this is a great platform for me to teach the techniques of art, albeit in an alternate way. It gives me lot of joy and satisfaction teaching in this format, which is simplistic and easier. It is a process of learning for me too as it gives me an opportunity to do something new.

You have interacted with thousands of kids, what is the one quality that you like about them?
Their best quality is honesty, which is why it is a challenge to work with them. When they like or dislike something that I have made, they tell me immediately. And if they find it tough, they just ask me to simplify it.

Tell us how your journey began with M.A.D. .
I was in Mumbai working on animation films where I was designing videos and 2D stop motion animation. I got a call from Pogo for an audition. I thought it would be for designing but I was told it was for a presenter. They liked my work, so they discussed what could be done, how I could use my talent and ability to teach kids and what’s more, gave me enough freedom to do it the way I want.

You seem to have settled into this job comfortably. Don’t you ever feel like doing something else?
As I said, I am a trained applied artiste. I always loved drawing, but my inclination was towards movie
animation and I wanted to get back to it. But in this season of Make It Easy we have introduced a new segment on animation art. What else can I ask for?

How is Make It Easy different from M.A.D.?
In M.A.D., the format is divided into three sections, easy, medium and hard. The latter two require a little more skill while the former, as the name suggests, is about quick makes. The easy makes became very popular with the kids as they could create art with simple things like glue, scissors and newspapers, which are easily available at home. So, we decided to do a special edition of MAD with Make It Easy.

What kind of response have you got?
A very good response, which is why we are back with season II. Not only kids, even parents have liked it. Lots of mothers come and tell me that they don’t find junk in their homes anymore. That is because I recycle shoe soles, tetrapacks, old cartons etc for printing with the help of correction pens, colours and whitener and create art out of it. I am told that when parents bring new shoes, the kids are more interested in the box rather than in the shoes!

Would you like to host any other show?
No, I don’t think I am cut out for hosting or acting. It’s just that I am passionate about art, have skills to communicate and most importantly, love kids and enjoy working with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini, Zee TV – Story & Reveiw

The Bourne Legacy - Official Trailer 2 [HD]